A seminar organised by The Nautical Institute Sri Lanka Branch in association with General Sir John Kotelawela Defence University, on “Maritime and Cyber Security for Sri Lanka and Criminalization of the Seafarer: What you need to know?” was held on the 2nd of March 2018 at General Sir John Kotelawela Defence University (KDU), Ratmalana from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
The topics covered in the seminar were:
- Criminalization of the Seafarer by Dr. Leslie Hemachandra – FNI
- ISPS & it’s effects on Sri Lanka by Admiral Dr. J. Colombage – FNI
- Presentation by R. Admiral J. J. Ranasinghe – AFNI
- Cyber Security & Data Protection by Mr. Manjula Prabath
- The Law on Maritime Security in Sri Lanka by Dr. Dan Malika Gunasekera – MNI